TRON Announces TronChat; Facebook, Instagram, WeChat watch out!
TRON recently introduced fans to TronChat, a new dApp built on the platform. The new dApp is powered by the TRX token and is like “if Instagram, Venmo and Telegram had a blockchain baby.”
If you’re wondering why TRON went ahead and built the blockchain-based social media platform, TRON has a great answer for that in its Medium blog:
“Social media was never built for you to make money. Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and others were built for the sole purpose of generating profits for the platforms based on your user activity and personal data. TronChat was created to fix this paradigm, and allow users to make money from their everyday interactions with social media.”
They continue by saying:
“As lifelong developers with an expertise in social media, we wanted to do more than wait for someone to create the first “killer” dApp for the blockchain world. TronChat allows anyone and everyone to easily earn TRX for doing the things they love most on social media, bringing true use and utility for both cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.”
TronChat is what you get when you take the best out of Instagram, Telegram, and Venmo, and put it all into one app. The blockchain social media app is said to be made to overcome the shortcomings of the social media apps in the market.
The app allows users to enjoy the benefits they get from Instagram, such as the photo, video, and story-sharing features with the chat functionality adored by users of Telegram. To top that, users can send and earn TRX in each every corner of the app.
Some of the features of the app are:
- Content Sharing- Users can post pictures, stories, and videos—something most of the social media apps have these days. The users can even make their content premium which would give them a chance to choose how much TRX it would cost the viewers for unlocking the post. Making the content premium is purely optional and can be done on a per-post basis. Users can even charge TRX for subscriptions to the premium profiles. Those who choose to follow these profiles can tip TRX on the posts that they generate a liking for—opening up new ways for content creators to earn money. Despite the excitement and willingness of followers to support the creators they like, mainstream social media platforms don’t have these features.
- Messaging- Another feature that is present in most of the social media apps, but with a twist. Imagine sending a message to someone and being able to see what their face looks like when they read your message simply by adding some TRX to the messages. That is something only TronChat provides you. This adds meaning to interactions on the platform and also reduces spam.
- Chatrooms- Can you tip chatroom creators in any social media app? You can in TronChat. Everything you love in Telegram and more, that is what this app is all about. Most chatrooms are private and hence need a fee to enter—something built right into the app.
- Direct Updates- Users can choose to get “Direct Updates” from different pages if they wish to be notified whenever those pages have news. These updates would have TRX rewards for opening or for completing actions such as taking surveys. Newsletters, as we know them, would be a thing of the past when this app rolls out.
- Tipping- So you like something a user did on the app? Why not tip the user? Tipping is a lot easier in the app and can be done throughout the app. So now you wouldn’t have to think about how you could help your favorite content creator better.