Ledger Introduces First Unified Desktop app for its Users, Android and iOS to Follow Soon
Before this release, Ledger users were completely dependent on different chrome applications to manage their coins. This release from the hardware wallet company would bring all the current features supported by their applications into one unified and multicurrency unique application.
This would mean a business expansion from Hardware-based wallets to Software-based wallets.
Previously Ledger users were using hardware wallets. Hardware wallets are physical devices that allow you to securely store your cryptocurrency offline. You can then connect the device to your computer/internet and use a pin code to access and exchange your funds.
For the delight of the users, this new application would help them manage their coins effortlessly.
The initial release would begin on 9th July, for Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. The current release is mainly for desktop platforms.
The complete list of features packed with this application:
- Native desktop application (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Multiple currencies (28 cryptos including Bitcoin, Altcoins, Ethereum, Ripple…)
- Multi devices (Ledger Nano S, Ledger Blue)
- Read-only consultation of accounts without the device (protected by optional password)
- Dashboard view of all assets
- Counter values: choice of currency & exchanges
- Send, receive, account balances & history
- Confirmation before sending funds
- On device verification of the recipient address
- Faster account synchronization engine
- Easy onboarding for new users
Ledger CEO Eric Larcheveque said,
“Today, we are excited to announce the upcoming availability of our new generation Ledger Wallet application, built natively for desktop and mobile, gathering all cryptocurrencies in a single, unified place”
The company’s next focus would be on mobile platforms. The company expects to release its app for Android and iOS later this year.
The near future developments will be:
- Mobile application version (Android & iOS)
- Ledger Nano/HW.1 support
- Install/uninstall apps on Ledger Nano S automatically to smoothly manage a nonlimited number of cryptos on one device
- Ethereum ERC20 tokens & contract management
- Third party apps integration (buy/sell cryptocurrencies, exchanges, swaps…)
- Transaction tags & notes
- Spotlight search
- Generate more than one new address
- 100+ cryptocurrencies support
Further announcements are awaited till the final release but the main priority would be to support ERC20 tokens.
Follow us on Telegram!