Justin Sun Announces TRX Integration in Exodus
In a recent tweet, Justin Sun, the Founder and CEO of TRON Foundation, announced that TRX would be integrated into the desktop wallet, Exodus.
#TRX has been integrated in @exodus_io, a desktop wallet featuring a built in exchange feature with over 1000 trading pairs. Download the latest release, version 1.60.0 from https://t.co/dFgoZcMBWf and you can send, receive, and exchange #TRX with over 40 other assets. #TRON $TRX pic.twitter.com/vfa81BNUPy
— Justin Sun (@justinsuntron) September 14, 2018
Exodus also tweeted about the same saying that the cryptocurrency is now a fully supported and exchangeable asset on the platform.
Exodus 1.60.0 welcomes TRON $TRX as a fully supported & exchangeable asset! Tether ERC20 $usdt has been added to the Ethereum assets section. Download the latest release here: https://t.co/MyfRy8VuUP @Tronfoundation @Tether_to
Next release date: Sept. 28 https://t.co/QJFpORPqdy
— Exodus (@exodus_io) September 14, 2018
In an article posted on Steemit regarding the addition of the cryptocurrency on the platform, Exodus said:
“On June 24th of 2018, the Tron Foundation began the process of transitioning its ERC20 token to a mainnet all its own. It’s been a long time coming, but we’re pleased to reveal that mainnet TRX is now a first-class, fully-exchangeable asset in Exodus!
From its roots in pioneering the airdropped token model as an alternative to ICOs, the Tron Foundation has never shied away from bombast and its mainnet launch was no different.
For all TRX holders storing coins on centralized exchanges with no private key ownership, we’re happy to offer an alternative in storing (and swapping) your coins while maintaining your financial sovereignty.”
For the people who still have some ERC20 tokens of the cryptocurrency lingering in their wallets, this is what needs to be done according to their guide:
“1. As you can see, your TRX on Exodus shares your ETH address. It should start with “0x” which is the Ethereum format.
2. Log into your Binance account and go to “Funds” and then “Balances”.
3. Search for your ETH wallet and select “Deposit”.
4. Binance will display an ETH Receive address for you to send Ether. It will warn you to only send ETH to this address. 99.9% of the time, sending an asset to an unspecified address results in a loss of funds, this is a very unique exception.
5. Copy the ETH address and paste it into the “Send” details on your Exodus Tron (TRX) wallet.
6. Select “All” so your entire TRX balance is added to the transaction, in this example, I’m sending 150 TRX tokens to Binance. When you are ready, hit “Send”.
7. You will be able to confirm that Binance detected the TRX deposit on your “Deposit History”.
8. After 19 blockchain confirmations, Binance will credit your deposit with the same amount of Mainnet TRX tokens in you Binance TRX Wallet.
9. Now you can send these Mainnet TRX tokens back to your Exodus wallet, just remember to send them to the mainnet address, which should start with “T”.”
Exodus expressed how difficult it had been to stay on top of the game when all of the cryptocurrencies had started out with their own mainnets. Whenever any cryptocurrency shifted from the ERC20 tokens running on the Ethereum network to its own mainnet, the platform had to evaluate the mainnet coin on “its own merit” and had to make the integration engineers build the required infrastructure for keeping the coins running smoothly.
Also Read: TRON (TRX) now Available on SatoWallet
The TRON network has always been one where innovation was seen. One such TRON-powered innovation is Intergalactic Gaming (IG) which is a platform revolving around digitalizing and tokenizing the competitive gaming economy.
Recently, IG announced a partnership with TronWalletMe, a fully decentralized P2P crypto wallet. IG expressed how excited the team is for the partnership by saying:
“We are extremely excited with this partnership. Using TWM’s existing infrastructure, it could make for an even exciting partnership as we integrate our partner fully within our ecosystem. We are excited to reveal our plans with our new partner over the coming weeks. Believe us, they have exciting plans and this partnership will push us closer to the promised land of adopting Esports onto the Tron protocol.”