At a Glance
Token Symbol: ELI
White Paper link: https://www.eligma.io/pdf/eligma-white-paper_v1.7.pdf
Token Supply: 500,000,000 ELI
Hard cap: 24,000,000 USD
Soft cap: 3,000,000 USD
Token Type: ERC20
Sale start date: April 17, 2018
Sale end date: May 8, 2018
About the ICO
Eligma is a cognitive commerce platform which would be connecting existing e-commerce and the second-hand marketplaces into a single one-point-stop for users. With the use of AI and blockchain technology, it is transforming the way users find, buy, track and sell items online. It consists of three pillars:
Discovery would make use of a deep neural network-based engine to find the best deals on the products which the users are searching
Every Digital Item Profile (DIP) will automatically be written into the inventory of the user. Users would be able to view the AI-predicted current and future item value within their inventory.
After establishing discovery and inventory pillars, it would consolidate retailers using an integrated open-loop universal loyalty system. This would have a simple customer-centric UI.
Eligma’s whitepaper isn’t exactly impressive on the technical side. It answers a lot of “why?”s but hardly makes an effort to explain the “how?”s of the idea. From a non-technical perspective, the whitepaper is really interesting as it speaks about the project in an intriguing manner. Find the whitepaper here.
The team has 27 members, with most of the members being active on LinkedIn—which is quite a positive sign since fake IDs aren’t all that active. Its team is pretty big and every single member looks vital to the project. The team is pretty strong!
Eligma has 13 advisors in total—of which most of them have participated in some of the most successful ICOs. The board of advisors includes:
- Charlie Shrem: CRYPTOIQ
- Andy Baynes: APPLE, NEST, GOOGLE
- Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul: KNOWLES CORP, TACTUAL LABS CORP
- Gary Dillabough: NAVITAS CAPITAL
- Arrillaga Jeff: NEWMAN CORNISH & CAREY
- Maja Mikek: CELTRA INC
- Jure Leskovec: PINTEREST
- Nick Zaharias: 280 CAPMARKETS
- Herman Gyr: ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT GROUP INC
- Ana Lukner Roljic: ABC ACCELERATOR
- Sunny Saini: GOOGLE
- Peter M. Moricz: MORICZ.IO
- Mihael Mikek: CELTRA INC
- Mark Plesko: COSYLAB INC
Tokens for Sale: 300,000,000 ELI
Initial Offering Price: 1 ELI = 0.1 USD
Soft Cap: 3,000,000 USD
Hard Cap: 24,000,000 USD
Currencies Accepted: ETH
Crowdsale Minimum Contribution: 0.1 ETH
Eligma has quite a lot of activity on various social media portals. It has 166,155 followers on Facebook, and 7981 followers on Twitter. Eligma’s Telegram group has 8497 members with regular updates on the group.
- Global Product Discovery: It displays global discovery results based user’s search query and the knowledge about the user
- Unified Online Shopping Account: It enables users to connect to all online stores and manage their purchases from one unified account
- Cryptocurrency Payment: It offers users a lot of payment options to choose from
- Blockhained-tracked Digital Item Profile (DIP): The items purchased on Eligma would have a unique designated DIP which would be stored in a blockchain-protected database
- AI-predicted Item Value: It allows users to see the AI-predicted current and future value of the items in their inventory
- Second-hand Markets: It allows users to create a universal listing of their inventory with just one single click
- Household Trading Agent: It helps in predicting the best time for selling items and buying replacements
- ELI Token Rewards: It rewards users with ELI loyalty tokens for performing certain actions
- ELI Token Usability: Users can use ELI tokens for certain transactions—even though most features on Eligma are free
Eligma has strong founders and a great team. They have an interesting vision and good advisors on board. Their whitepaper lacks detail but is pretty attractive. Combining AI with the e-commerce industry is certainly an idea I would place my bets on. However, this doesn’t mean that you should do the same. You should always go through the whitepaper before investing in an ICO.
*This is only a review and not financial gospel. Please invest at your own discretion*