DECOIN ICO Review
The DECOIN team of 9 members is a great team with a lot of knowledge in their respective fields. However, the team lacks experience in the Blockchain sphere. While it looks like DECOIN, much like the other ICOs, lacks someone with a strong finance background, it actually has its COO, Ari Recht, lending over 20 years of experience to the team. Moreover, they have 6 expert advisors backing them up. Without wasting time, here are the team members and the advisors:
- Nadav Moshe: Nadav has a good experience in marketing, and has worked as a partner at multiple firms.
- Shay Perry: Shay has an extensive experience in the characterization, planning, and management of logistic systems and transport processes. He is also experienced in budget and business planning and project profitability analysis.
- Ari Recht: Ari has over 20 years of experience working in the Israeli hi-tech ecosystem, both as an adviser as well as executive roles in technology companies. He has a deep knowledge of the Capital Markets, leading over 30 private and public fundraising, M&A’s and Initial Public Offerings.
- Michael Kogan: With over 11 years of professional experience, Michael is quite adept as a COO. He has been the co-founder of one of the most profound tobacco and liquor shops in Israel and has been the VP of Sales and Marketing at RCM Service Ltd.
- Ofir Sahar: Ofir has over four years of experience in the media industry.
- Ikumi Minami: Ikumi has over 7 years of professional experience in handling customers.
- Oz Saffar: Oz has 6 years of professional experience.
- Mark Kreimerman: Advisor. Mark has over 18 years of experience in high-level management and has strong technical and leadership skills.
- Didi Taihuttu: Advisor. Didi is an entrepreneur and has been an advisor for 3 ICOs.
- Sydney Ifergan: Advisor. Sydney is among the top 20 ICO experts on ICObench (currently ranked 11th) and has previously worked with numerous ICO projects including trade.io, DIW token, Lydian, Xinfin.io and more.
- Vladimir Nikitin: Advisor. Vladimir is a world-class professional and business consultant with over ten years’ experience in the legal, finance, retail, and IT industries. He is ranked 2nd on ICObench. Over the past three years, he has developed a strong network of over 30 000 contacts in the crypto space. As an active supporter and advocate of blockchain technology, he provides consultancy and advice to selected ICOs. He also offers assistance to ICO projects, for example in choosing the right jurisdiction or promoting the ICO in the CIS region (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia).
- Nikolay Shkilev: Advisor. Nikolay is ranked 6th on the list of top ICO advisors on ICObench. He has 20 years of experience of being involved in large-scale projects and has many awards and titles in an area of IT technologies.
- Papuna Giorgadze: Advisor. Papuna is a developer from the Czech Republic. He is the co-founder of CGP Systems.
- Reinhard Berger: Advisor. Reinhard is an original FinTech veteran. His career began as a business architect for global consulting firm Accenture contracted to redefine the global banking system for such clients as Credit Suisse, UBS, and Invesco. Later he served as a principal for French tech giant Capgemini. In 2003, Reinhard co-founded Alternative Invest Finance AG, an independent
hedge fund operator, where he managed alternative assets in excess of $250m.
About the ICO
Token Symbol: DTEP
White Paper link: https://www.decoin.io/Decoin-WhitePaper-v1.81-28.03-en.pdf
Token Supply: 70,000,000 DTEP
Initial Offering Price: 1 DTEP = 0.9 USD
Currencies Accepted: ETH, BTC, fiat
Hard cap: 30,000,000 USD
Soft cap: 4,000,000 USD
Token Type: ERC20
DECOIN is a Decentralized coin and Trading Platform Exchange which redistributes its profits to coin holders. DECOIN is a blockchain-based “Profit Sharing Exchange” Coin. DECOIN is building a world-renowned, quick-action, easy and simple Multicurrency Exchange and Trading Platform, which shares its exchange profits with all of its coin-holders. In addition, DECOIN’s top-notch security promises its users an easy, relaxing and reliable trading experience to assure completed transactions. DECOIN is a fully secure technology system for cryptocurrency users, enabling users to fully exploit their coin potential, by aligning with the Decentralized nature of the blockchain itself. DECOIN aims to build world-renowned, worldwide Online Customer Service to facilitate the adoption of cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies. Thanks to the POS consensus algorithm, all coin holders that will stake/mint DECOIN’s in their online wallet (full node) will be eligible for a 6.2% interest rate per annum, relative to the number of DECOINs they own.
DECOIN’s product is an open source peer to peer digital ecosystem which has its own digital currency, DTEP, which is powered by an Exchange and Trading platform, D-TEP, for redistributing profits to DECOIN holders.
With D-TEP, they aim to build a world-renowned, quick-action easy & simple multicurrency-exchange and trading platform, which would share the exchange’s profits with all of its coin holders. The top-notch security that they would provide would promise users a relaxing, calm and reliable experience.
The platform is secured with the help of multi-layered real-time authentication which helps in protecting trades and withdrawals. It is scalable and quick and even pays users to display their activities anonymously so that the other users learn from them.
D-TEP would also offer financial tools to traders. Tools like the contract for difference (CFD) would help traders in taking advantage of the volatility of the market. They have a team of analysts who provide them with periodic reports on whatever hits the spotlight.
Potential for Idea
I honestly find it hard to believe that they can pull it off with just an idea. They have a team with virtually no experience in the blockchain industry. I can even believe that their investors would do the trick and lead them to their success. What I can’t believe is that they can do it with the kind of competition that is available. There are plenty of crypto exchange platforms and each of them has something to offer. Moreover, on top of everything, they are giving away a share of what they earn to the people—which is good—but then it leaves less for them to handle their marketing expenses. I have reasons to believe that their COO has it planned, however, I don’t find much potential for their idea.
On their marketing front, they haven’t done much. They are present on most of the social media websites you would expect them to be on. However they haven’t been able to muster much following. With just 2279 members in their Telegram group, 3227 followers on Twitter, and 2131 followers on Facebook.
Pros & Cons
Some of the benefits of going for DECOIN include:
- It is secure
- It is quick
- It is anonymous
- It has 24 X 7 support
The disadvantage of going for DECOIN is that they are trying to enter a domain which is already pretty full—and they don’t even have any experience in the blockchain space!
*This is only a review and not financial gospel. Please invest at your own discretion*